Fairhaven Acushnet Youth Baseball is a non-profit organization chartered through Cal Ripken baseball and babe Ruth Baseball with the purpose of promoting high a level of instructional and competitive baseball for the youth of Acushnet and Fairhaven. Our goal is to provide the children of Acushnet and Fairhaven a solid baseball foundation, focusing on teamwork, dedication, good sportsmanship, and competitive play.
Fairhaven Acushnet Youth Baseball had 500+ kids registered to play for the 2019 Baseball Season. As an organization, we offered baseball from T-Ball, Instructional, Minor, Major and two levels of Babe Ruth competition. All games are played at Pope Park (Acushnet, MA) and Shaw Road Baseball Complex (Fairhaven, MA).
Registration will be extended for a few days for stragglers.
FAYB offers many levels of recreational baseball open to participants from the towns of Fairhaven and Acushnet or participants who attend school in either town. FAYB is a chartered member of both Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball. Offerings run from ages 5 thru 17. A rule of thumb is to register your player to play with his friends from school.
Initially, when you register your player on Sports Engine you will have to create an account for yourself. You will then be able to register your player. It will require you to fill out the required fields. The next time you register your player his or her information will already be in the registration program. Siblings have a $10 discount. The registration process will automatically deduct $10 for each of your players.
Registration Link https://fayb.sportngin.com/register/form/472372063
Our T- Ball Program is offered at either the Fairhaven or Acushnet sites as separate programs for the convenience of parents. When registering you will be prompted to choose a site. T-ball is for ages 4, 5 and 6-year-olds. (Cost is $115)
Our Instructional Program is also offered at either the Fairhaven or Acushnet sites as separate programs for the convenience of parents although as the season progresses there will be games between the two programs as an exhibition. When registering you will be prompted to choose a site. Instructional baseball is coach pitch ages 5, 6 and 7-year-olds. (Cost is $115)
Minor League Baseball in FAYB is an instructional program where players are now pitching in games for the first time. It is instructional and designed to provide a fun, team-oriented, baseball experience. The age range is from 7 to 10 years of age. All 10-year-olds are required to tryout for the majors before returning to the minors. (Cost is $140)
Major League Baseball in FAYB is designed for ages 9 thru 12. It is a competitive and instructional program. Once a player is selected to a team they remain there until they are aged out of Cal Ripken Baseball. Our programs below the majors level are redrafted every year. (Cost is $150)
Babe Ruth Baseball is for ages 13 to 16. Generally, we run two levels of Babe Ruth Baseball. Older players at the high school level are placed on a varsity level program which generally plays weekends as to not conflict with high school baseball. Pre-high school-aged players are placed on competitive teams that play during the week and Saturday. Generally, we have between 3 and 5 teams that compete in the Gateway Babe Ruth League. Home games are played at either Champions Feild at pope Park or Charpentier Field on Shaw Road in Fairhaven. Away games can range from New Bedford, Rochester, Wareham, Mattapoisett, Marion, Bourne, Sandwich, Marthas Vineyard, and other cape destinations. (Cost is $155)
Stay tuned. In mid-May, we will offer tryouts to play Junior Legion Baseball for Post 265 based in Acushnet. Age restrictions are from 14 to 17. Generally, Junior Legion is played at a good high school JV level. Residents from Fairhaven and Acushnet with adequate skill levels will be given first preference.
Who is the league open to?
· Any child who lives or attends school in the town of Fairhaven or Acushnet.
How old do you have to be to sign up?
· We have divisions for children age 4 through 16
What is the cost?
· Tee Ball (ages 4-6): $115
Instructional (ages 5-7): $115
Minors (ages 7-10): $140
Majors (ages 9-12): $150
Gateway (ages 13-16): $155
When does registration close?
· Wednesday, February 27th
Do you have any in-person registration events, or is it online only?
· Online only
Can I request my child be on the same team as a friend?
· You can note this during the registration process and we will do our best to accommodate this in our Tee-Ball and Instructional divisions, however, we are unable to do so in our Minors and Majors divisions due to the draft. Junior/Gateway requests are at the discretion of the coaches.
How will my child be placed on a team?
· Our Tee-Ball and Instructional divisions are non-competitive, so players will be automatically placed by the Director of those divisions, considering all requests. Minors and Majors players will be drafted onto their teams (Majors division players return to the same Majors team each year), and our Gateway Division players will be placed by the Director and Coaches in that division, in order to balance out the talent for competitive play across the region.
Are there tryouts?
· Tee-Ball and Instructional – no
· Minors and Majors – yes (weekend of March 14th and 15th, your child’s specific date and time will be communicated via Facebook, our website, and email)
· Gateway – there will be an “evaluation”, date and time TBD (will be communicated via Facebook, our website, and email)
When will I know what team my child is on?
· Tee-Ball and Instructional placements are usually finalized by mid-April, you will be contacted by your child’s coach around that time. Minors and Majors will be finalized at draft night, so you should hear from your child’s coach by the end of March. Gateway placements will be finalized by early April.
When is the Opening Day Parade?
· This is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd – your child’s coach will provide more information as it becomes available.
What other seasons do you offer other than Spring Baseball?
· We have Summer All-Star teams as well as a Fall Ball program (Minors/Majors/Gateway divisions only).
Do you offer a softball program?
· We do not.
What are my responsibilities as a parent?
· Aside from everything stated in the Code of Conduct, your team will be required to cover a shift or two at the concession stand. This information will be communicated in more detail by your child’s coach.
How can I help?
· So glad you asked! This league is run 100% by volunteers, so anything you can do to help make it the best it can be for your child is greatly appreciated! If you don’t know how to get started, attend a board meeting! They take place on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the Shaw Road complex in Fairhaven.
I have other questions, where do I go for answers?
· You can email us at email@example.com, or message us on Facebook!